TEMPO.CO, Banda Aceh - Aceh provincial government aims to attract 1.8 million domestic and foreign tourists this year. The figure increases by 30 percent compared that that of last year.
Head of Aceh Culture and Tourism Agency Reza Pahlevi said that the provincial government has prepared a number of travel packages to meet the target. He also said that primary attraction that Aceh offers are sharia tourism and Tsunami heritage tourism.
"One of them is the Ramadan package. Besides enjoying religious attraction, tourists can also enjoy natural beauty and the tsunami heritage spots," Reza said on Friday.
Reza said that the target of attracting 1.8 million tourists in 2015 is a realistic one considering that in the past few years, the number of tourists visiting Aceh continued to show a rising trend.
In 2014, for example the number of tourists visiting Aceh reached 1.4 million people, in which 50,072 were foreign tourists, while in 2013, the number of tourists visiting Aceh was only 1.1 million people.
Reza said the bulk of foreign tourists visiting Aceh are from Malaysia, and the rest are from Europe, the United States and Australia.