TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Indonesian private-owned TV station Trans7 confirmed that they have cancelled the appearance of Maaher At-Thuwailibi from one of its scheduled Ramadan program.
Maheer was barred from performing following his controversial statement related to the Mako Brimob riot in Depok several days ago where he allegedly issued slanders against law enforcers.
Trans7 Production Director Andi Chairil said that the company will act assertive against talents that violate their contracts, considering that long before the prison riot broke out, Trans7 had already informed its talents with its work contract.
“Trans7 has its own standard operating procedure where we will not broadcast programs that feature talents that can unsettle its viewers,” said Andi Chairil in a press conference in South Jakarta on Monday.
He further explained that the TV station will not tolerate programs or contents that are filled with provocative radicalization, violence, and hate speech.
Andi Chairil claims that he was surprised when asked about Maaher At-Thuwailibi and decided to drop him from one of Trans7's program after Maaher was reported for an alleged hate speech.