Controversial Komodo Island Entry Fee Postponed under Jokowi's Instruction
8 August 2022 21:40 WIB
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Sandiaga Uno on Monday assured that the Komodo Island and Padar Island entry fee significant increase will be postponed to January 1, 2023. He also said the government will disseminate its plans more massively.
Asked whether this decision has been agreed upon by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, Sandiaga Uno said this was actually an instruction that came from the President early last week, and that policies that are taken have been communicated to him.
"So this is in accordance with the direction of the President," he said when met after a cabinet meeting at the Presidential Palace, Jakarta, Monday, August 8.
Ahead of the new tariffs taking effect, Sandiaga said the government would prepare transparent communications in the next few months. "We want to accommodate all aspirations from all levels of society," said Sandi.
As previously reported, the Head of the East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) tourism agency, Zet Sony Libing, on Monday confirmed to Tempo that the agency has officially postponed increasing the entry fee to Komodo Island and Padar Island. He said that NTT Governor Viktor Bungtilu Laiskodat decided to postpone it until the end of this year, or December 31.
This effectively means that the entry fee of Rp3,75 million per individual into the Komodo Island and Padar Island will be implemented on January 1, 2023.
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News