Jakarta Formula E Spectator Capacity Reduced Due To New Location
29 March 2022 20:30 WIB
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta E-Prix communication organizing committee VP Iman Syafei, said that the spectator capacity of the Ancol Formula E circuit will be reduced from the initial plan of 90 thousand people to 50 thousand people. Syafei explained that the spectator capacity will need to be adjusted to the new location.
"Because the area has been moved to Ancol, and it is not as wide as the Monas [National Monument] area. The capacity cannot reach 90 thousand," said Syafei to Tempo on Wednesday, March 29, 2022.
The Jakarta Formula E event was initially planned to be held at the heart of the capital city in Monas. However, it was later relocated to Ancol because of numerous reasons.
The Vice President of Infrastructure and General Affairs for Formula E Irawan Sucahyono, previously stated that the seating capacity provided by the Formula E Operation (FEO) for this all-electric motor racing is only 10 thousand, but believed that the number may increase following a review by FEO.
City-owned developer Jakarta Propertindo or Jakpro previously predicted that the inaugural Formula E race will be able to attract 90 thousand spectators.
"10 thousand is too small of a number, it would be unfortunate," he said.
The Jakarta Formula E track will have a clockwise layout with a 2.4 kilometers length and with a width of 16 meters. The main straight of the track is 600 meters and is currently 87.9 percent completed.
LANI DIANA WIJAYA