Teen Tragically Dies of Electrocution While Making TikTok Content

Translator:

Editor:

Petir Garda Bhwana

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - A 14-year old junior high school female student identified as “D” was reportedly electrocuted to death while making a TikTok content at the student’s home in Cikarang, Bekasi. The 14-year old was visibly burned due to the ordeal.

    “At the time of the incident, the victim was playing on the third floor of their house. We are collecting statements from all of the eyewitnesses,” said West Cikarang police chief, Akta Wijaya on Tuesday.

    As of why the victim was in a situation that would result in death by electrocution, the police chief said the crime scene investigators are currently collecting pieces of evidence. However, police can confirm that the victim was electrocuted while recording a TikTok video. 

    “The victim was playing with an app in their mobile device. That is what we want to educate, just to be clear. This is a tragedy for us all,” said Akta. 

    Information about the incident was first spread from a Facebook account under the name Creamhn Veii, who posted an update stating that the victim died in their own home located in Bekasi.

    The Facebook status suggests that the teenager was electrocuted while trying to retrieve the mobile phone that fell between electric cables above the second floor of the house. The victim was recording for TikTok with three other friends.

    M JULNIS FIRMANSYAH