Jokowi Confirms His Cabinet to Have Young Minister Aged under 30

Translator:

Editor:

Laila Afifa

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, JakartaPresident Joko “Jokowi” Widodo revealed that one of his ministers in the second cabinet is aged between 25-30 years old.

    “Yes, there will be [a minister] at that age. There will be young, middle-aged, and older [minister],” said the President in Cibubur campgrounds, East Jakarta, Wednesday, August 14.

    According to the president, 45 percent of his new cabinet will be filled with political party members and the remaining 55 percent is the professionals. He added that the announcement will be held at the right moment, but he admitted that the sooner, the better.

    “Whether it is urgent or not, we’ll see. But we know that people are waiting,” he said.

    The president-elect reiterated that his new cabinet will represent the spirit of nationality. Besides representatives of the political party, he claimed to have considered the region, religion, gender, social organization background, and age in determining a minister candidate.

    The regeneration of future leadership, the President went on, is also part of the considerations in shaping a cabinet.

    Jokowi has recently received a lot of attention in light of the cabinet formation for the second period of his administration. Not only from political parties supporting him in the past election, but he also gets recommendations from outside parties about the matter.

    FRISKI RIANA