TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Indonesian state-owned toll road operator PT Jasa Marga through its Twitter account announced that it will not charge vehicles traveling along seven sections within the Trans Java toll road for the Christmas and New Year holiday season.
The tweet by @OFFICIAL_JSMR stated on Monday, December 24; “Seven toll road sections will have a zero rupiah tariff which will be effective throughout the Christmas and New Year 2019 mass exodus.”
Previously reported, President Jokowi announced he would make four toll road sections in East Java’s ‘Trans Java toll road’ free of charge. The president had just inaugurated four sections at the KM 671 interchange on Thursday, December 20.
The Public Housing and Public Works Minister Basuki Hadimuljono said that Trans Java’s East Java sections will be free of charge as ordered by the president. “As [Pak Jokowi] has ordered,” said Basuki.
Moreover, the seven toll road sections that will be free of charge are:
- Pemalang - Batang toll road at the Pemalang IC – Pasekaran segment.
- Batang – Semarang toll road section.
- Semarang – Solo toll road at the Salatiga-Kartasura segment.
- Surabaya - Gempol toll road at the Porong – Kejapanan segment.
- Tol Gempol Pasuruan toll road at the Pasuruan Grati segment.
- Ngawi - Kertosono toll road at the Wilangan – Kertosono segment.
- Kertosono – Mojokerto toll road at the Bandar – Kertasono segment.