TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The West Papua’s Kasuari XVIII Military Commander Maj. Gen. I Nyoman Cantiasa said his personnel had arrested two perpetrators of the attack on the Subdistrict Military Command Post (Koramil) in Kisor village, South Aifat district, Maybrat regency.
“They admitted their actions,” said Cantiasa after seeing off the bodies of the four Indonesian soldiers who died in the attack on Friday, September 3. The two perpetrators are still under police investigation.
According to Cantiasa, they admitted to being involved in the attack on Thursday. “We don’t know how many perpetrators there were, because only two have been arrested,” he added.
He also called on the quarrelling parties in West Papua to cease all conflicts and develop the region for the welfare of the people. “If they are stubborn and insist to fight, they will be destroyed,” said Cantiasa, issuing a warning.
West Papua Police Chief Insp. Gen. Tornagogo Sihombing added that the two perpetrators were being investigated at the South Sorong Police Station.
West Papua National Liberation Army-Free Papua Movement (TPNPB-OPM) spokesman Sebby Sambom previously claimed responsibility for the attack launched in the early hours of Thursday as a form of war against the Indonesian security forces.