TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo officially extended the mobility restriction or known as PPKM Level 4 until August 2, 2021. Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs Airlangga Hartarto outlined a number of Covid-19 social assistance programs set by the government.
“We set up new social assistance for people in districts and cities on PPKM Level 4,” said Airlangga at a press conference on Sunday, July 25.
The list of the aid programs is as follows;
- The Basic Food Card, which is monthly assistance of Rp200,000 for two months for 18.8 million beneficiary families.
- PPKM Basic Food Cards, which is monthly assistance of Rp200,000 for 6 months for 5.9 million families proposed by the regional government.
- Extended cash aid or BST program for two months, from May to June, which was distributed in July. The program budget amounted to Rp6.14 trillion for 10 million families.
- Extended internet quota subsidies for five months, from August to December, amounting to Rp5.54 trillion for 38.1 million recipients.
- Extended electricity discount program for three months, from October to December, amounting to Rp1.91 Trillion for 32.6 million families.
- Extended exemptions from the base price or subscription fees program for 3 months, October to December, totaling Rp0.42 Trillion for 1.14 million families.
- An additional Rp10 trillion budget for the Pre-Employment Card program (Rp1.2 trillion) and BSU or Wage Subsidy Assistance totaling Rp8.8 trillion.
- Rice social assistance of 10 kilograms each for 28.8 million families. The government will distribute the rice to 20 million families in phase 1 and to 8.8 million families in phase 2.