TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Prabowo - Sandiaga campaign team (BPN) asserted it did not instruct supporters to form mass mobilization during the court ruling on presidential election dispute in Constitutional Court (MK).
“If there is a mass mobilization, that is not our instruction,” said the BPN spokesman Dahnil Anzar Simanjuntak in Jakarta, Monday, June 24.
However, Dahnil said that the team would not take any action if masses stage a street rally. “We have no authority to ban state constitutional rights. We fully honor it,” he added.
As previously reported, MK is set to deliver its ruling on 2019 presidential election dispute filed by Prabowo team on Thursday, June 27. Albeit the BPN had asked supporters not to stage a rally, 212 PA determined to hit the street at around MK building.
Dahnil further appealed to the public supporting Prabowo - Sandiaga to accept any MK’s ruling. “All supporters of candidate number 02 are expected to respect the ruling, whatever the result.”
Dahnil recalled that the Gerindra Party Chair had announced the last effort in protesting the election result was through constitutional way and called all volunteers to hold peaceful events, such as prayers.
Gerindra central executive board (DPP) head Ahmad Riza Patria also said that Prabowo Subianto and Sandiaga Uno would accept any MK’s ruling. “Pak Prabowo and Pak Sandi have said that whatever MK’s ruling, even though we have doubts to go to MK since the beginning, they will accept it,” said Riza in Senayan Parliament Complex, Jakarta, Monday, June 24.
Riza ensured that Prabowo - Sandiaga had never ordered supporters to conduct an action on the day of the election dispute ruling. “Pak Prabowo always call to maintain the conducive, peaceful situation, no need to mobilize masses to MK.”
ANTARA| DEWI NURITA