TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - A second worker injured in an explosion inside a candy factory in the border city of Ciudad Juarez died Friday at a hospital, authorities said, making the total victims into two persons.
As reported by Fox News, The 18-year-old man died while being treated for third degree burns, said government health system spokesman Rosendo Gaytan. Another 33 workers remain hospitalized, six of them in critical condition, he said.
The blast on Thursday on the second floor of the Dulces Blueberry factory caused the floor to collapse, injuring people working downstairs. The factory produces gummy bears, jelly beans, peach rings and other sweets that are sent to El Paso, Texas, the US, across the border from Ciudad Juarez.
One person died in the explosion and shattered the building of the factory. Firefighters and rescue crews didn't find any more victims inside the building after searching it late into the night Thursday, city officials said. Workers' relatives, however, say one employee is unaccounted for.
The cause of the blast hasn't been determined, said Ciudad Juarez Mayor Enrique Serrano. Workers said a steam boiler had been installed recently in the area, which smelled of acid hours before the explosion.
FOX NEWS | ANINGTIAS JATMIKA