TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Police Traffic Directorate appealed to vehicle users to avoid the Merdeka Palace area, Central Jakarta today, October 20, as the traffic was rerouted following the planned demonstration against the Omnibus Law on Job Creation.
“Traffic to Merdeka Palace will be completely closed and diverted,” said Police Traffic Director Comr. Sambodo Purnomo Yogo.
Protesters from labor unions, university students, youth organizations, and mass organizations reportedly will flock to the Taman Pandang area, Jalan Medan Merdeka, Central Jakarta, at 10 a.m.
Here is the traffic reroute affected by the Omnibus Law protests around the Merdeka Palace areas:
- Traffic from Jalan Veteran Raya willing to pass Jalan Veteran III will be directed straight to the Harmoni stoplights.
- Traffic from Jalan Merdeka Timur going to Jalan Medan Merdeka Utara will be diverted to go right to Jalan Perwira.
- Traffic from Jalan Ridwan Rais bounding for Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan will be straightened to Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur.
- Traffic from Jalan MH Thamrin heading to the Arjuna Wiwaha Horse Statue Roundabout will be asked to turn left or right to Jalan Kebon Sirih.
- Vehicles from Jalan Abdul Muis willing to take a left turn to Jalan Budi Kemuliaan will be ordered to go straight to Jalan Fachrudin.
- Vehicles from Jalan Fachrudin willing to turn right to Jalan Budi Kemuliaan will be asked to take Jalan Adul Muis.
- Vehicles from Jalan Tanah Abang II heading to Jalan Museum will be diverted to go left or right road.
- Traffic from Jalan Majapahit willing to turn left to Jalan Museum will be straightened to Jalan Abdul Muis and traffic from Jalan Abdul Muis heading Jalan Museum will be asked to go straight to Jalan Majapahit.
- Vehicles from Jalan Hayam Wuruk going straight to Jalan Majapahit will be diverted to Jalan Juanda.
- Vehicles from Jalan Veteran Raya willing to turn left to Jalan Majapahit will be ordered to take Jalan Suryo Pranoto or turn right to Jalan Gajah Mada.