TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Coordinating Minister of Politics, Legal, and Security, Wiranto, was reluctant to comment further about the lawsuit filed by the former Kostrad Chief of Staff Kivlan Zen related to the establishment of the Swakarsa Community Security Force (Pam Swakarsa) in 1998. Wiranto asserted that it was old affairs.
“I have said to not respond to it, I’m just smiling. That’s past affairs, military affairs,” said Wiranto when met at the Presidential State Palace complex, Central Jakarta, Tuesday, August 13.
Previously, the Coordinating Minister also denied all accusations delivered by his former subordinate. Zen accused Wiranto of not fulfilling his rights of Rp8 billion payment in light of the Pam Swakarsa formation. At that time, Wiranto was a commander of ABRI or Indonesian Armed Forces (now known as TNI).
“I’ll later issue an official complete objection, I’ll explain it. But, all of that is not true,” said Wiranto in his office.
Zen through his advocate Tonin Tachta submitted a lawsuit against Wiranto to East Jakarta District Court on Monday, August 12. As the commander, he claimed to have financed the troops up to Rp8 billion out of his own pocket and even had to sell his house and car as well as lend money.
Tonin said the government had only paid Rp400 million at that time. In 1999, his client had questioned the remaining funds, yet until April 2019, there was no clarity about his money. Kivlan Zen then decided to take a legal process.