Sandiaga Uno Deems Heavy Congestion in Puncak Route to be A Horror
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Sandiaga Uno talked about the heavy congestion in Puncak route, Bogor, West Java. He said this issue is one of the highlights for the government to evaluate.
“It's horror and it seems to keep repeating itself,” Sandiaga said when met by journalists at the Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry’s Office, on Tuesday, May 2.
According to him, a fundamental approach by changing the way of thinking of society, government, and the business world is necessary to overcome this case. Of course, this is in the context of handling long holidays, such as Eid holidays and long weekends.
Sandiaga argued that there needs to be a number of restrictions to break down the traffic jam. “Whether in the form of a paid road or the road is limited only for those on vacation,” he added.
“We will study these thoughts with the Transportation Ministry, the local government, the police, and other relevant stakeholders,” he emphasized.
Even though the one-way traffic system was implemented from Cianjur to Bogor, traffic jams on the Puncak route still lingered. The high volume of vehicles on Sunday, April 30, for example, caused the traffic flow, which had previously been smooth, to be heavily congested again.
Editor's Choice: Tips to Go Back to Work After Long Holidays
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News