TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Are you one of those who are unmotivated to do sports activities in Ramadan? Most people reason that they feel weak and have no energy since they have to fast for certain hours for a month.
Exercising while fasting is still being recommended as it will keep your body healthy and fit, especially during the pandemic. But, it is advised not to do high-intensity sports when fasting.
Certified fitness coach Adianti Reksoprodjo in an Instagram live chat with @hometowndairy.id shared some tips to do sports during Ramadan fasting:
1. The best times to exercise in Ramadan are before the fast-breaking, after the tarawih prayers, and before eating suhoor. "The duration can be 30-60 minutes if you do it before breaking the fast," said Adianti. But you know your body better so you decide when is the right time for you to exercise, the coach added.
2. You can do your regular exercise but it is better to do low-intensity sports or lower the intensity at around 40-50 percent from the usual.
3. Get enough sleep for 7 to 8 hours a day as it will affect your body performance.
4. Pay attention to your nutritions intake. The body needs enough liquid and balanced nutrition when fasting. Milk consumption can be an alternative to fulfill your liquid and protein intake
5. Maintain the exercise routine even when you are fasting. If you stop your exercise routine for one month of Ramadan, you will lose the progress you made in previous 3 months.