TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Deputy Governor Ahmad Riza Patria appealed to residents undergoing Covid-19 self-isolation at home to move to isolation centers provided by the city government.
“We ask people self-isolating at homes or isolation sites that are not supported to move to the places we provide,” said Riza at the Jakarta City Hall on Wednesday night, July 28.
The city government has opened 184 isolation centers throughout the capital with a capacity of 26,134 people. “There are still many vacant beds. Many residents still stay at their homes to self-isolate,” Riza added.
The isolation facilities provided by the city government are in the form of flats, mosques, sports halls, schools, integrated child-friendly public spaces (RPTRA), and the official residence of the sub-district head.
Previously, the citizen report platform LaporCOVID-19 reported that 1,214 patients in Jakarta died while undergoing home isolation. The figure was based on data as of July 22, 2021.
The platform’s data analyst Said Fariz Hibban said Jakarta province reported the highest number of deaths outside the hospitals or health facilities. However, the data was obtained because of a better information disclosure system in Jakarta. Other regions could report higher numbers.
The Jakarta Health Agency, meanwhile, noted a smaller number of Covid-19 deaths outside hospitals or health facilities at 1,161.