Lapan Successful in Random Testing of 12 Rockets

Translator

Editor

20 June 2007 17:12 WIB

TEMPO Interactive, Garut: The National Institute of Aeronautics and Space (Lapan) was successful in testing 12 rockets of many sizes from the institution's research results. Different to previous launchings, yesterday (19/6), Lapan tested the rockets using Lapan-made fuels.The random testing took place in Cialutereun, Pameungpeuk, Garut Regency, East Java. The rockets were launched into space and directed to fall into the Indian Ocean, south of Java Island.The test was supervised by patrols of several Indonesian Navy warships to maintain there were not any fishermen's ships crossed the sea to the southern part of the Rocket Launch Test installation. The area 50 kilometers from the installation was declared as dangerous zone.The launching was begun with a ballistic rocket type RX-150, 2.6 meters long and 15 centimeters in diameter. The rocket was launched up to 15.5 kilometers high and 9.5 kilometers in range. It was followed by a small rocket type RX-70, which could reach seven kilometers in distance. The biggest rocket was type RX-250, which was able to reach as far as 51 kilometers.Lapan Chief, Hadi Sadewo Salatun, said the institute tested the rockets with 80 percent fuel was made by Lapan itself, ammonium perchlorate. The remaining 20 percent, hydroxyl terminated polybutadiene, is still imported. The quality is better, said Hadi as regards the institute's fuel. The target is, next year, 100 percent is our own.AHMAD FIKRI


Indonesia`s Startup Investment at Rp39.8 tn  

14 Desember 2018

Indonesia`s Startup Investment at Rp39.8 tn  

A joint-research by Google and AT Kearney shows that investments in
Indonesia's startups have grown 68 times in the last five years


Jokowi Keeps Low Profile on Social Media  

14 Desember 2018

Jokowi Keeps Low Profile on Social Media  

President Joko Widodo or Jokowi once again mentioned the use of social
media during his speech at the Indonesia Business and Development Expo
2017


International Coffee Day: Solo to Give 5,000 Cups of Free Coffee  

14 Desember 2018

International Coffee Day: Solo to Give 5,000 Cups of Free Coffee  

Harjonagoro Traditional Market in Solo is preparing 5,000 cups
of coffee to be given out for free at the International Coffee
Day event, Oct. 1.


Ed Sheeran Cancels Jakarta Concert  

14 Desember 2018

Ed Sheeran Cancels Jakarta Concert  

Singer Ed Sheeran has canceled his concerts in Jakarta and
other Asian cities following a bike accident.


Halal Thai Restaurant in Bali  

14 Desember 2018

Halal Thai Restaurant in Bali  

Som Chai in Seminyak, Bali, can be considered to be one of
Bali`s Thai restaurants that serve several halal menus.


Top 5 Indonesian Athletes in 2018 Asian Para Games  

14 Desember 2018

Top 5 Indonesian Athletes in 2018 Asian Para Games  

Indonesia is targeting the top-seven rank in the Asian Para
Games 2018.


S. Sumatra Plans Restoration of Hundreds of Hectares of Peat Land

14 Desember 2018

S. Sumatra Plans Restoration of Hundreds of Hectares of Peat Land

Peat land restoration would cover around 594,231 hectares in
South Sumatra this year to preserve the environment, a
government official said.


Sperm Whale Ingested Plastic Waste; Serious Solution Required

14 Desember 2018

Sperm Whale Ingested Plastic Waste; Serious Solution Required

It is estimated 94 percent of plastic waste that enters the
ocean ends up on the seafloor, which threats the lives of
ocean`s creatures.


Roy Marten: Jokowi Leads Indonesia, Ahok Leads Jakarta

24 Oktober 2018

Roy Marten: Jokowi Leads Indonesia, Ahok Leads Jakarta

Actor Roy Marten relentlessly promotes Jokowi for President,
saying that the society had already shown enormous
supports.


Ousted Casillas Speaks of Triumph over Juventus

24 Oktober 2018

Ousted Casillas Speaks of Triumph over Juventus

The Blancos faces Champions League Top 16, needing only six
points to secure the round.