Monas Blast; Paspampres: No Heightened Security in State Palace

Translator:

Editor:

Petir Garda Bhwana

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Presidential Security Force (Paspampres) commander, Maj. TNI Gen. Maruli Simanjuntak, said they are not heightening the security at the Presidential Palace area in connection with the explosion at Monas on Tuesday morning, December 3. He said the palace's security measures.

    "Our daily security [measure] is strong enough," Maruli told Tempo, Tuesday.

    The Paspamres, he said, would enhance security only if there is a large mass.

    Maruli claimed he has received information from the police that the source of the explosion was most likely not a bomb.

    Despite not adding Paspampres personnel in the Palace area, Maruli said that it is possible the police would close off one of the accesses to the Palace for investigative purposes.

    Just a few hours ago, something exploded in the Monas area, at a time when people would do their morning run and exercise in the complex. So far, the authorities have not issued an official statement regarding the incident.

    Photos that are circulating online showed a man was injured by the explosion. He suffered burns in several parts of his body.

    Jakarta Police chief Insp. Gen. Gatot Eddy Pramono and Pangdam Jaya Military Commander Maj. Gen. Eko Margiyono are scheduled to hold a press conference soon.

    FRISKI RIANA