English Version
ENGLISH
| Thursday, 19 July 2018 |
Indonesia Version
INDONESIA
Facebook
Twitter


Thursday, 19 July 2018 | 15:58
Indonesia’s All-Time Low Poverty Rate Report under Criticism Center for Welfare Studies executive director Ah Maftuchan
recently challenged the data backing Finance Minister Sri
Mulyani’s claim.
Thursday, 19 July 2018 | 14:00
White House Weighs Putin Proposal on Questioning U.S. Officials White House declined to rule out accepting a Russian proposal
for the questioning in the US of Americans sought by the
Kremlin for illegal activities
Jokowi: I Have Never Issued Permit for Reclamation Project

President Jokowi meets Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan, and his deputy Sandiaga Uno. Setpres/Agus Suparto
Wednesday, 01 November, 2017 | 20:58 WIB
Jokowi: I Have Never Issued Permit for Reclamation Project


TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - President Joko Widodo or Jokowi said that he had never issued a permit for the Jakarta Bay Reclamation project both as the Jakarta Governor and the President.

“I as the President has never issued a permit for the reclamation [project],” President Jokowi said on the sidelines of his visit to Bekasi, West Java, on Wednesday, November 1.

During the visit, Jokowi clarified about Jakarta Governor Regulation No. 146 on the reclamation project.

Read: Govt to Continue Reclamation of Jakarta Bays C, D Islets

 

“The Governor Regulation is a reference to a permit application, instead of on the reclamation. If you apply for a permit, it is used as a base for the permit issuance. It doesn’t mean that I approve the reclamation project,” he explained.

Earlier, Vice President Jusuf Kalla said the government will complete the development of islets C and D that are currently underway.

Read: Jusuf Kalla Reclaimed Island Must be Utilized

 

“The government didn’t say that they will continue [the reclamation project]. But the current development should be resumed. I think the Jakarta administration would agree,” Kalla said at his office in Jakarta on Tuesday.

For the sake of efficiency, Kalla said, the decision to continue the development had been discussed by the central government and the Jakarta administration. Kalla added that he had been in communications with Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan in relation to the decision.

ANTARA



via Facebookvia TEMPO ID

Comments


Disclaimer: The views expressed in the comments sections are personal responses that do not represent the editorial policy of tempo.co. Our editorial staff reserves the right to moderate or take down comments that contain harassment, intimidation and discrimination against ethnicity, religion, race, and inter-group relations.