English Version
ENGLISH
| Tuesday, 17 October 2017 |
Indonesia Version
INDONESIA
Facebook
Twitter


Bali Tourist Spots Mostly Safe despite Mt Agung Alert Status
Wednesday, 11 October, 2017 | 13:20 WIB
Bali Tourist Spots Mostly Safe despite Mt Agung Alert Status

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Bali Tourism Board (BTB) said that 98 percent of tourism spots in the island are safe despite Mount Agung alert status.

Bali Tourism Hospitality spokesman Dewa Gede Ngurah Byomantara said that only two percent of the island’s tourist attractions are affected by the volcano, namely Bekasih, Tulamben and Tirta Gangga.

“Meanwhile, Kuta, Ubud, Nusa Dua and Sanur are located far away from Mount Agung. So far, those located over 12 kilometers from Mount Agung are categorized as safe,” he said.

Dewa Gede Ngurah said that Bali administration is well prepared to tackle hoaxes about Mount Agung eruption.

Moreover, if Mount Agung eruption does happen, his agency will use any means possible to make tourists feel comfortable, including by offering free accommodation and prepare an emergency evacuation through the airport.

 

ANTARA

 



via Facebookvia TEMPO ID

Comments


Disclaimer: The views expressed in the comments sections are personal responses that do not represent the editorial policy of tempo.co. Our editorial staff reserves the right to moderate or take down comments that contain harassment, intimidation and discrimination against ethnicity, religion, race, and inter-group relations.