BCA: 97 Percent of Clients Use Digital Transactions

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • A man seen in front of a row of Bank Central Asia's (BCA) ATM machines in Jakarta (4/7). TEMPO/Tony Hartawan

    A man seen in front of a row of Bank Central Asia's (BCA) ATM machines in Jakarta (4/7). TEMPO/Tony Hartawan

    TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Private lender Bank Central Asia (BCA) claimed its branch offices only conducted 3 percent transactions of the total activity while the rest 97 percent was the digital transaction. However, it continued to open branch offices every year.

    BCA President Director Jahja Setiaatmadja said the existence of conventional offices were still required to meet the public needs despite the number lowered.

    "Our 97 percent customers make transactions digitally, but we keep our offices open. In the past, up to 80 branches every year are opened, now it’s only 20-30 small offices at most," he said on Sunday, August 26.

    Jahja saw that closing the bank offices was a positive measure considering its work was getting more efficient.

    Unfortunately, macro and order conditions in the country had triggered a lot of inefficiencies. For example, the traffic jams that highly increase the logistics costs for charging ATMs and money transfers. Let alone the unstable issue of the state security which made the bank employed a security guard in each branch office.

    Other than those above, the inflation rate remained high and that the salaries must increase by 8 percent per year, compared to that of in other countries that hike only around 2 to 3 percent.

    BCA Corporate Secretary Jan Hendra said in terms of transaction value, the figure was some 55 percent in branch offices, while on a frequency term was 3 percent. According to him, the trend of digitalization was a certain thing hence BCA adjusted it to customer preferences.

    BISNIS.COM



  •