TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing (PUPR) reported that the incident involving the collapse of six girder rods of the Depok-Antasari toll road project in South Jakarta was the tenth work accident in the span of just six months.
PUPR Director General of Construction Syarif Burhanuddin said that the factor of human error until the standard operation procedure violation was mostly to blame for the series of work accidents.
Here are ten workplace accidents occurred in the public and private construction projects:
1. On August 4, 2017, two workers of Light Rail Transit (LRT) construction project in Palembang fell to deaths from an LRT pole.
2. On September 22, 2017, the bridge at the Bocimi (Bogor-Ciawi-Sukabumi) toll road construction in Bogor District collapsed and killed one worker and injured two others.
3. On October 26, 2017, a crane at the Bogor Outer Ringroad (BORR) toll road construction fell on a public highway.
4. On October 29, 2017, a girder at the Pasuruan-Probolinggo (Paspro) toll road construction collapsed and killed one of the workers.
5. On November 15, 2017, a concrete of the LRT construction project fell on a car at Jalan MT Haryono in East Jakarta.
6. On November 16, 2017, a crane that carried a variable message sign was involved in an accident at the Jakarta-Cikampek Toll road near the Elevate Jakarta-Cikampek Toll road project.
7. On December 9, 2017, two girder rods of the Ciputrapinggan Bridge construction collapsed.
8. On December 26, 2017, a ceiling at the Pakubuwono Spring Apartment collapsed.
9. On December 30, 2017, a girder rod collapsed at the Pemalang-Batang toll road construction site.
10. On January 4, 2018, six massive girder rods collapsed at the Depok - Antasari toll road project after the rods were accidentally knocked over by an excavator.