TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The National Police spokesman Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto alleges the suicide bombers in Kampung Melayu, east Jakarta used pressure cooker bombs. The allegations were based on bomb debris found at the scene. “The debris is similar to those of [found] in Bandung; they were pressure cooker bombs,” Setyo said today at the scene at 1:50 am.
Moreover, a purchase receipt of pressure cookers was found on one of the bodies of the alleged suspects. “A purchase receipt of pressure cookers dated May 22 at 9 am was found in the pocket of one of the perpetrators,” he said.
Setyo could not confirm the type of the explosives. The police had been examining the evidence found.
Kampung Melayu bus terminal was hit by two alleged suicide bombings at 8:30 pm last night. Two alleged perpetrators were killed in the incident. “It’s based on the wounds,” Setyo said. Their bodies were scattered in the blasts.
Eight police on duty also became the victims of the attack, three of whom were killed. Five civilians were also injured.
In Bandung pressure cooker bomb case, the perpetrator used a low-explosive bomb.