TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Attorney General M. Prasetyo said that the government still attempts to hold a reconciliation on cases of human rights violation in the past, especially on 1965 tragedy. He said that reconciliation is the only solution to the tragedy, given the difficulty in determining suspects of the murder against alleged communists.
"It was chaotic. Therefore, resolution should be in a form of reconciliation," said Prasetyo on Friday, September 25. However, he claimed that the reconciliation team formed on March has failed to give any meaningful development.
It is because the team has failed to reveal the victims, perpetrators, and evidence. Prasetyo also said that he is not assured if the government will apologize to the victims on October 1 ceremony. "(Apology) is a part of reconciliation," he said.
Previously, it is rumored that President Joko Widodo will not send his apology to the victims of 1965. Muhammadiyah Chairman, Haedar Nashir said that the president thinks that an apology will meet tough adversaries in the likes of Nahdlatul Ulama, Muhammadiyah, and the army.