TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The government has removed value-added tax (PPN) for eight types of art and entertainment, as announced in the Cabinet Secretariat’s official website on Thursday, August 20.
Article 2 paragraph (1) of the Finance Minister Regulation No. 158/PMK.010/2015 signed by Finance Minister Bambang Brodjonegoro on August 12, 2015, stipulated: “Art and entertainment services, which is free from value-added tax imposition, includes all services provided by art and entertainment workers.”
The 10-percent tax removal will be effective within 30 days since the regulation was promulgated by Justice and Human Rights Minister Yasonna H. Laoly on August 13, 2015.
Eight types of art and entertainment to be free from the value-added tax are:
2. Art show, concert, dance performance and/or fashion show;
3. Pageant contest, bodybuilding contest, and other similar contests;
5. Discotheque, karaoke, night club, and other similar entertainment spots;
6. Circus, acrobatic and magic shows;
7. Horse racing, car or motorcycle races, and skill shows; and
8. Sport matches.
IQBAL MUHTAROM | SETKAB.GO.ID