TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo issued eight economic policies in the 2016 State Budget. Jokowi said that the State Budget Draft Bill (RAPBN) was formulated based on fiscal policies directed to income, expenditure and financing.
"Fiscal incentives are provided for strategic economic activities in order to improve investment and business climate," Jokowi said in a speech before the House of Representatives (DPR) at the Senayan parliament complex.
The government has set a target to achieve the state revenue target of Rp 1,848.1 trillion (US$142 billion) with tax revenue target of Rp 1,565.8 (US$120.4 billion), increasing by 5.1 percent from the target set in the revised 2015 state budget.
The followings are eight polices issued by Jokowi’s administration:
1. Continuing well-targeted subsidy and infrastructure development policies to support development.
2. Improving the effectiveness of National Health and Social Security System program.
3. Supporting efforts to allocate 5 percent of the State Budget to the healthcare sector and 20 percent of the State Budget to the education sector.
4. Improving people’s welfare through well-targeted social aid programs.
5. Maintaining state apparatuses’ welfare by considering the inflation rate in order to boost public service improvement and productivity.
6. Supporting fiscal decentralization by reallocating Deconcentration Funds and assitance function to a Special Allocated Funds.
7. Continuing the policy related to efficiency of operational spending and non-operational spending.
8. Supporting one million houses for lower income people