Budget Raised, Tourism Ministry Boosts Promotion

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said that he had just received information that the government had agreed to raise budget allocation for the ministry in the 2016 state budget draft to Rp 6.1 trillion.

    "The Tourism Ministry's budget increased drastically. The president raised it by Rp 5 trillion," Arief said in Jakarta on Wednesday, July 8, 2015.

    Arief said that the budget will be divided to two main parts, 80 percent for overseas promotion to attract more foreign tourists, while the other 20 percent will be used for domestic promotion.

    Overseas promotion of Indonesia's tourism sector, Arief said, will be focused on ASEAN countries and three other Asian countries, including Japan, South Korea and China.

    "ASEAN and the three countries have bigger [market] potential in terms of size, growth and spread compared to Latin America. The potential is 75 percent, so it's better to focus on promotion in areas that has large potential," said Arief.

    BISNIS.COM