TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - CEO of Pembangunan Jaya Ancol, Gatot Setyowaluyo, claimed that he has officially shut down the Sea World attraction for "an unspecified time". Ancol has actually shut down the sea park venue since September 26.
"It will depend on Sea World's management, as to whether they plan to settle the dispute," he said in a press conference. "We have made approaches. However, they made no good call. Therefore, we need to shut down the Sea World."
Regardless, Gatot claimed that Ancol will look after the fishes in the tank, denying rumor that Ancol is abandoning the site. "[Caretakers] are allowed to step in and help take care of the fishes," he said.
Previously, Ancol and Sea World have been involved in a dispute related to a cooperation contract, According to a contract made between both companies, Sea World was supposed to hand over all if its assets to Ancol on September 20, 2014.