Singapore to Hold Ecosperity Week 2023
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - An event called 'Ecosperity Week 2023' with the theme ‘Breakthroughs for Net Zero’ will be held at the Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Singapore from June 6 to 8, 2023.
The three-day event will feature sustainability-focused keynote speeches, fireside chats, roundtables, and panel discussions with global leaders. Topics in focus include fast-tracking decarbonisation, enabling net-zero cities and financing Asia’s net-zero transition, according to a press release received by Tempo.
The aim of Ecosperity Week 2023 is to bring together global business leaders, policy-makers, investors and civil society from across industries in addressing high-impact levers to bring about transformational climate action humans need for this planet, businesses and communities.
“Extreme weather events will only become more frequent and intense, affecting millions of lives and costing billions of dollars in damages. However, as the recent IPCC report showed, feasible and affordable options to address the climate crisis already exist,” said Dr Steve Howard, Vice Chairman, Sustainability, Temasek.
“Ecosperity Week brings the necessary actors together with system-wide transformation in mind, to catalyse the breakthrough solutions, pathways and collaboration we need to accelerate progress towards a net zero world,” he added.
Ms Grace Fu, Minister for Sustainability and the Environment, Republic of Singapore, will deliver the Opening Keynote Address and speak on a panel about pursuing a prosperous, low-carbon future on June 6.
Ecosperity Week 2023 will also feature global leaders from the public, private and non-governmental sectors including:
- Mr Joko Widodo, President of the Republic of Indonesia,
- Mr Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, Coordinating Minister of Maritime and Investment Affairs, Republic of Indonesia;
- Mr Xie Zhenhua, Special Envoy for Climate Change, People’s Republic of China;
- Ms Catherine McKenna, Chair, UN High-Level Expert Group on Net-Zero Commitments of Non-State Entities; Former Minister of Environment and Climate Change and Infrastructure, Canada;
- Lord Nicholas Stern, Chair, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment; and
- Dr Angela Wilkinson, Secretary General & CEO, World Energy Council.
Editor's Choice: Singapore Bestows Distinguished Service Honor on Luhut Pandjaitan
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News