Jakarta Bina Marga to Open 10 Missing Link Roads to Ease Congestion
2 February 2023 21:30 WIB
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Jakarta Road Agency or Bina Marga allocated a budget of Rp200 billion to open ten missing links or shortcuts in road networks that were often congested across the capital city.
“We start the inventory this month. Hopefully in March, we will start taking action,” said the agency head Hari Nugroho in Penjaringan, North Jakarta, Thursday, February 2, 2023.
According to him, the budget for creating the missing link would be used for various land acquisitions. “For example, road A is blocked by two house buildings, we will thus acquire them so it is developed into one road segment,” Hari explained.
The opening of the 10 shortcuts was a strategic program of the agency in the 2023 budget year which amounted to Rp404.9 billion.
This project was expected to relieve congestion in the capital which based on Metro Jaya Police, the traffic congestion index reached 48 percent in the second quarter of 2022.
The Bina Marga Agency outlined the 10 missing link roads as follows:
- Road in Air Maya, Kebayoran Lama
- Road connecting Boulevard-Pegangsaan Dua-Kelapa Gading-Terminal Pulogadung
- Road connecting Rusun Pulo Gebang-Jalan Sejajar Tol
- Road connecting Pemuda-Jalan Waru
- Road connecting Bekasi Raya-Terminal Pulogebang (access to Jalan Rusun Rawa Bebek)
- Road in Pasar Minggu (access connecting Jalan Seno-Jalan Masjid Al Makmur-Jalan Raya Tanjung Barat)
- Road connecting Jalan Raya Bekasi-Jalan Irigasi (Rusun Ujung Menteng)
- Road connecting Jalan Bangun Cipta Sarana (Jalan Tembus Rusun Kelapa Gading-Jalan Kelapa Gading Timur)
- Road connecting Tol Cakung Cilincing-Rorotan (Marunda)
- Road connecting KH Mas Mansyur-Jalan Jenderal Sudirman.
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News