Anies Baswedan Taps 9 Lines of LRT Jakarta
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Jakarta government led by Anies Baswedan has set nine lines of light-rail transit or LRT Jakarta as stipulated in Governor Regulation (Pergub) No. 31 of 2022 on the city’s detailed spatial planning (RDTR-WP).
Syafrin Liputo, the Head of the Jakarta Transportation Agency, said the city's railway network had been aligned with the Jakarta Transportation Master Plan (RITJ).
“So the content of RDTR is the same as of the Jakarta Transportation Master Plan,” said Syafrin to Tempo on Thursday, September 29, 2022.
Governor Anies submitted a proposal to discuss the Draft of the Regional Regulation on RITJ on October 8, 2021. The Jakarta Regional Legislative Council (DPRD), however, had not yet finished discussing the issue. Anies then resubmitted the proposal on April 6, 2022.
The following are the details of the LRT Jakarta lines as stated in Article 26 (5) of Pergub 31/2022:
- Jakarta International Stadium - Rajawali Kemayoran Line in North Jakarta Development Area Unit (SWP)
- Velodrome - Klender Line in East Jakarta SWP
- Klender - Halim Line in East Jakarta SWP
- Cawang-Cibubur Line in East Jakarta SWP
- Cawang-Bekasi Line in East Jakarta SWP
- Kelapa Gading-Velodrome Line in East Jakarta SWP and North Jakarta SWP
- Kelapa Gading - Jakarta International Stadium Line in North Jakarta SWP and Central Jakarta SWP
- Pulo Gebang - Joglo Line in the SWP of East Jakarta, Central Jakarta, West Jakarta, and South Jakarta
- Cawang - Dukuh Atas Line in the SWP of East Jakarta, South Jakarta, and Central Jakarta
Syafrin explained that the route could change if adjustments are needed in the field. “That's a natural thing because technical matters will develop when it is detailed,” he argued.
The Jakarta government will prioritize the construction of nine lines of LRT Jakarta using investment funds. One of them is the Regional Government Cooperation with Business Entity (KPDBU) scheme. Syafrin went on to say that urban infrastructure development must be adjusted to the regional fiscal capacity.
LANI DIANA WIJAYA
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News