TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Heavy rains showering Jakarta this afternoon brought flooding in a number of areas. According to Jakarta Regional Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD), ten neighboring units or RTs in West Jakarta were inundated up to 40 to 60 centimeters.
“One road is also flooded,” said Jakarta BPBD Head of Data and Information Center M. Insaf in a statement, Tuesday, January 18.
The neighboring units inundated by floodwater in West Jakarta are as follow:
- One RT in Rawa Buaya sub-district up to 60 cm
- One RT in Kapuk sub-district up to 40 cm
- One RT in Cengkareng sub-district up to 40 cm
- Two RTs in Pegadungan sub-district up to 60 cm
- Three RTs in Kamal sub-district up to 45 cm
- One RT in Semanan sub-district up to 60 cm
- One RT in Tegal Alur sub-district up to 50 cm
Meanwhile, one flooded road was reported on Jalan Bangun Nusa 2, Cengkareng Timur. The water level there reached 60 cm.
“The flooding is being handled by the local sub-district along with the Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU), the BPBD’s disaster response team or TRC, DSDA, Satpol PP (Public Order Agency), Tagana (Emergency Response Unit), and Disgulkarmat (Fire and Rescue Agency) and is targeted to recede in a short time,” said Insaf.
M JULNIS FIRMANSYAH