Short Circuit Suspected to Be Cause of Cyber 1 Fire
2 December 2021 21:14 WIB
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The South Jakarta fire and rescue agency suspected the fire that erupted in the server room of Cyber 1 building in Mampang was caused by a short circuit. The thick smoke caused by the fire unfortunately killed two technicians, according to initial reports.
“We suspect a short circuit is the culprit. The fire did not spread to other areas, only thick smoke in the second floor,” said the agency’s head Herbert Plider Lomba Gaol at the location of the incident on December 2.
Reported previously, not long after the fire broke at 12:34 Western Indonesia Time (WIB), 22 fire trucks and 100 firefighters were mobilized to the location and started to put out the fire at 12:41 WIB. The fire was extinguished in half an hour.
As they arrived, the second story of the Cyber 1 building - where the servers are placed - had already been filled with smoke.
There were two casualties in this incident, the victims are identified as SF and MRK. SF died at the location while MRK was unconscious as he was rescued but unfortunately died shortly after being admitted to a nearby hospital.
Fortunately, one person evacuated from the Cyber 1 building survived and is currently being hospitalized.