Anies Baswedan Rebuts Bamsoet's Statement on Formula E Circuit
25 November 2021 19:41 WIB
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan denied the statement made by the Indonesian Motor Association (IMI) chairman Bambang Soesatyo, or known as Bamsoet, regarding the street circuit for Formula E.
Anies said parties who will decide the venue are Formula E Organizers (FEO), IMI, and Jakpro, instead of President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo. “We have asked IMI to clarify the issue,” he said at the City Hall, Central Jakarta, Thursday, November 26.
He added that the city administration has not yet determined the route for the international event. “It will be clarified later. An official statement from IMI will be issued,” he said.
Previously reported, Bamsoet said the final decision regarding the street circuit for the electric car race is in the hands of President Jokowi. “We ask the President’s suggestion regarding the alternative venue. In some countries, iconic places are chosen [as the venue]. I don’t know about the President and Alberto as we are waiting for their instructions,” said the IMI chairman in Menteng, Central Jakarta, Wednesday, November 24.
According to Bamsoet, Formula E Co-Founder Alberto Longo had chosen five alternative circuits in PIK, Sudirman, JIS, JiExpo Kemayoran, and Ancol. FEO, he added, is still conducting a feasibility study on the five routes, and that the results will be later submitted to President Jokowi.
M JULNIS FIRMANSYAH