TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The enforcement of strict public mobility restrictions or PPKM Level 3 during the Christmas and New Year holidays is valid in public areas, including shopping malls. The policy will take effect from December 24 to January 2, 2021.
Referring to the Home Affairs Ministerial Instruction No. 62 of 2021 concerning the prevention and control of COVID-19 during the Christmas and New Year holidays, the following list is the rules in shopping malls during the year-end holiday celebrations:
1. Parades and processions for New Year, both in open and closed areas, that potentially attract crowds are prohibited.
2. The use of the PeduliLindungi mobile app to enter and leave shopping centers is required, and only visitors with yellow and green status are allowed to enter.
3. Celebratory events at shopping centers are banned, except for the MSMEs exhibition.
4. The operating hours of shopping centers are allowed to be extended from 10:00 – 21:00 to 09:00–22:00 local time to prevent crowds. The number of visitors is also limited to 50 percent of the total capacity with the implementation of strict health protocols.
5. Cinemas can be opened with a maximum capacity of 50 percent with the implementation of strict health protocols.
6. Dining at shopping centers is also allowed at a maximum capacity of 50 percent with the implementation of strict health protocols.
Additionally, the government urges people to celebrate the 2022 New Year at home.
AMELIA RAHIMA SARI