TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Bali Provincial Government plans to limit foreign tourist visits during the Christmas and 2022 New Year holidays as an effort to curb the transmission of COVID-19, considering that the last year-end holiday caused a spike in the number of positive cases.
The acting head of the Bali Tourism Office, Tjok Bagus Pemayun, said his side is preparing strategies, including limiting the number of foreign tourists to a maximum of 1,500 people per day.
“This is one of the anticipatory measures to prevent the third wave of the COVID-19 in Bali,” said Bagus on Monday, November 15.
Bali has reopened its international doors since last October 14, however, only for some tourists from 19 countries. Foreign tourists are also required to undergo quarantine.
Tabanan Regent Komang Gede Sanjaya, meanwhile, said his side continued to monitor the implementation of health protocols at tourist attractions. According to him, tourist attraction managers have prepared masks and managed distance between tourists to curb the risk of virus transmission.
Tourist sites management in Bali also applies the government’s COVID-19 app PeduliLindungi to check the health status of tourists, said Sanjaya.