TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The National Police asserted they were not just waiting for new evidence from external parties in the case of alleged child rape in East Luwu, South Sulawesi. National Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Ahmad Ramadhan said they also sought new evidence.
“Of course the police will not just wait. The East Luwu Police assisted by the South Sulawesi Regional Police will continue to explore [new evidence]. Once the new evidence meets the elements of the criminal act, we will process it further,” said Ramadhan at his office, South Jakarta, Monday, October 11.
He claimed there had been no obstacles in the investigation, and that the police were open to anyone to cooperate in uncovering the alleged rape case.
“There are no obstacles. We continue to carry out the investigation. When the other party says they have evidence, we can work together. The goal is to unveil this case,” Ramadhan said.
The alleged rape case involving three children in East Luwu came under the public spotlight after public journalism initiative Project Multatuli published news about the incident.
In October 2019, a mother in East Luwu reported that her three children, all of whom were under the age of 10, were raped by their biological father who serves as a state civil servant. The East Luwu Police stopped the investigation, claiming they did not have enough evidence.