TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Sandiaga Uno talked of preparations for the reopening of the Bali tourism to international tourists. He asserted that tourists on the island must comply with the predetermined health protocols against COVID-19.
Foreign tourists violating the health orders will be subject to sanctions, ranging from administrative sanctions to deportation based on the violation scale.
“The health protocols for foreign tourists is non-negotiable. If there is a violation, we will impose sanctions in stages, which leads to deportation,” said Sandiaga in a press briefing on Monday, October 11.
The government will seriously keep an eye on tourists’ discipline towards the health protocols. As a country of law, the government will set sanctions based on applicable regulations.
Bali will reopen its doors to international tourists starting October 14, 2021. Until earlier this week, Sandiaga claimed the preparations had reached 90 percent. For the initial stage, only tourists from six countries, viz. China, South Korea, Japan, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and New Zealand are allowed to enter Indonesia based on the travel corridor arrangement or TCA.
Sandiaga Uno underlined that the government would be extra careful in accepting foreign tourists. “We are really all out for this. We don’t want this baby step to be a trigger for the surge in new cases of COVID-19, what with the new variants,” he said.
FRANCISCA CHRISTY ROSANA