Remote Learning Lacks Academic Atmosphere, Says ITB Rector

Translator:

Editor:

Mahinda Arkyasa

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, JakartaBandung Institute of Technology (ITB) Rector Reini Wirahadikusumah, said in a webinar on Thursday, October 7, 2021, that academic atmosphere cannot be achieved under the remote learning method applied in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.

    "The academic atmosphere in college cannot be replaced by remote learning. We understand that there is something missing that must be fought for," said the ITB Rector on Thursday, October 7, as reported by Antaranews.

    Reini argued that both students and lecturers are facing difficulties engaging in discussions or debates throughout the remote learning process. She believed that limited physical attendance classes must be reintroduced under strict Covid-19 health protocol. 

    "Limited physical attendance must be done under strict health requirements," she added. 

    Secretary of the Directorate General of Higher Education of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology Paristiyanti Nurwardani, claimed that 82.69 percent of universities are ready to conduct limited physical attendance, leaving only 17.31 percent claiming not ready. 

    ANTARA