TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Indonesia launched the PeduliLindungi app to control the pandemic in the country. The app comes under public attention as its downloads and use are encouraged—even mandatory for public transportation purposes, among others.
The app is equipped with various capabilities, including detecting the location of a Covid-19 patient in a public facility. Antara reported that in one month the app detected 3,389 people infected with Covid-19.
The app also has other useful features that can help the government organize public protection against the new coronavirus. According to covid19.go.id, here are some important features of the PeduliLindungi app:
- Downloading vaccine certificates anywhere, anytime
- Providing information on the results of the Covid-19 test, both PCR and antigen.
- Warning users about crowds via notifications on users' smartphones.
- Government control and surveillance over people's mobility.
- Facilitating public access to numerous services from health, transportation, and others.
BANGKIT ADHI WIGUNA