TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto on Thursday said the search for the missing submarine KRI Nanggala-402 will be done intensively.
“I am sure everyone in the country is focused on rescuing our sailors as soon as possible,” said Prabowo Subianto in an online press conference on April 22.
During the conference he asked the Indonesian Navy Chief of Staff (KSAL) Admiral Yudo Margono to continue the search along with Indonesin Military (TNI) Commander Hadi Tjahjanto who will take control of the rescue operation.
Prabowo also said that other countries, such as South Korea and India, offered their hands to help in the rescue search. So far, Malaysia and Singapore announced that they will be sending their rescue ships; MV Mega Bakti and MV Swift Rescue, respectively, in the search effort for the missing submarine.
“This is a humanitarian problem and we are all praying the results would be the best for all of us,” said the Defense Minister.