2 Unlawful Killing Case Suspects Still Registered as Police Members

Translator:

Editor:

Laila Afifa

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Indonesian National Police (Polri) on Wednesday confirmed that the two suspects in the case of unlawful killing - who shot and killed six civilians joined in the now-defunct Islam Defenders Front (FPI) - are still registered as police members. 

    “So far they are still Polri personnel,” said the National Police spokesperson Sr. Commissioner Ahmad Ramadhan at the police headquarters in South Jakarta on Wednesday, April 14. 

    Ramadhan was tight-lipped on whether the two men are active police members or not. He only said that ethical violations of a police personnel will only be processed after a criminal verdict is officially issued. 

    The two officers of the Metro Jaya Police were named as suspects on April 6, 2021. Police members involved in the unlawful killing case from this police precinct were initially three men but one died in an accident back in January 2021. 

    Six FPI members who were escorting the organization’s leader Rizieq Shihab were shot to death at a toll road on Monday dawn, December 7, 2020. The National Commission for Human Rights (Komnas HAM) investigation alleged the policemen involved had committed unlawful killing. 

    Read: Police name Suspects in FPI Unlawful Killing Case

    ANDITA RAHMA