TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Jakarta Administration announced that it will start the trial period of face-to-face learning across 85 primary schools, junior high, and high schools on Wednesday, April 7. Jakarta education authority spokesperson, Taga Radja Gah, said that these schools were chosen from 100 schools in total.
“There are 14 schools that did not fulfill the requirement and one school bowed out,” said Taga to Tempo on April 6.
The 85 schools - which were closed since the Covid-19 pandemic in the middle of 2020 - had previously joined the extensive training before reintroducing the classroom teachings.
Following the training, the Jakarta education body deemed the 14 schools had not qualified to conduct safe on-site learning amidst the pandemic. Meanwhile, one school was backed out due to the lack of permission from the students’ parents.
“The government continues to put forth the aspect of health and safety,” said Taga.