TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Former Indonesian Military (TNI) commander Gen. (ret.) Moeldoko was reluctant to respond to the statement of the Democrat Party founder Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY) who accused him of involving in an attempt to replace the leadership of the party.
“Isn't it finished yet in the Democrat? I thought it was finished. I didn't follow it,” said Moeldoko on Thursday, February 25.
Moeldoko said he has been busy working as the Presidential Chief of Staff. Besides, he's been preparing for his youngest daughter's wedding for the past four weeks.
“So I don't understand the development in the internal party. I think it is over. So don't suppress me. I have been silent,” he added.
Moeldoko warned that he could do 'something' if he kept being suppressed. “I’d like to remind everyone that because I can possibly do what I believe,” he said. “So I hope, do not pressure me because as I said earlier, I don't know the situation.”
Previously on Wednesday, February 24, SBY highlighted again the attempt to take over the leadership of the Democrat Party, which according to him, involved Moeldoko. He believed that President Jokowi had no idea about the maneuvers made by Moeldoko.
Read: The Democrat Party Drama