TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Jakarta floods on Friday, February 19, 2021, submerged 57 neighborhood units or RT, said Deputy Governor Ahmad Riza Patria.
"As of today, 57 out of 30,470 RT have been affected. So the number is very small," said Riza at the City Hall on Friday, February 19, 2021
According to Riza, there were 182 families who were evacuated until this afternoon. The figure, he claimed, had decreased compared to that of last year.
Riza mentioned that the number of evacuees reached 1,115 families in 2014 and 337 families in 2015, and continued to decline up to this year. The number of flooded areas was the same. "In 2019, there were 13 flooded points and 70 points in 2020," Riza said, adding that this year’s data was still being assessed.
As for the number of evacuation posts, Jakarta only had two sites. The city administration aimed to record no casualty in this year’s rainy season. In 2018, the city logged two deaths from flooding, and one victim in 2019 and 2020.
"Hopefully, there is no casualty this year," Riza stated.
The Gerindra politician claimed complaints in flood-prone locations have also decreased. "We hope that by March there will be no more floods."