TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Regional Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) spokesman Mohammad Insaf said his side was still coordinating with heads of districts and subdistricts to prepare the locations of evacuation sites for flood victims ahead of the rainy season.
“We have not made an inventory of new locations data for the evacuation so far,” said Insaf on Wednesday, September 23, 2020.
According to him, Governor Anies Baswedan had instructed the agency to two-fold increase the number of evacuation sites for flood victims so that evacuees could maintain the health protocols of physical distancing in a bid to prevent Covid-19 transmission.
In addition, the shelters must also be provided with handwashing stations. The officers must also ensure that evacuees wear face masks. “Because the next rainy season will begin amid the Covid-19 pandemic. So the implementation of health protocols among evacuees must be concerned,” Insaf added.
During the Jakarta flood earlier this year, he went on, the government recorded about 100 evacuation places, either in permanent locations or camping tents. “We are now still preparing the sites.”
The BPBD was coordinating with the Jakarta Social Agency on the logistics. According to him, the government's logistical needs are sufficient until the end of the year. Yet he stopped short of detailing the budget.
“If the logistics in a site have been provided by BPBD, the Social Agency can help to provide it to other locations to avoid double distribution,” he said.