TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan on Wednesday announced through a press conference on YouTube that the capital city will reintroduce the full-on lockdown known as the large-scale social restriction or PSBB.
“We have agreed to pull the emergency brake and will impose the PSBB as we did in the early days [of the COVID-19 pandemic],” said the governor, September 9.
This decision effectively reimplement remote learning, remote working (work from home), and practicing religious rituals or activities at home.
According to Anies Baswedan, the details of this restriction will be announced in days ahead. He asserted that today’s announcement serves as a preparation for September 14, 2020, where the PSBB will be re-enacted.
"Business activities will not be stopped, but the act of working in the office will. Especially offices that are not allowed to operate," he said, referring to the city’s policy that only exempts a few offices to continue to operate as it is included in "essential segments."
Previously reported, the Jakarta health agency announced that there needs to be an emergency brake policy to curb the number of cases that has continued to grow and break the chain of COVID-19 infection.
ADAM PRIREZA | LANI DIANA