Govt Reacts to KPK's Inputs on Pre-employment Card Program

Translator:

Editor:

Markus Wisnu Murti

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • Pre-employment Card illustration. ANTARA/Nova Wahyudi

    Pre-employment Card illustration. ANTARA/Nova Wahyudi

    TEMPO.CO, JakartaThe management chief of the job creation committee, Rudy Salahuddin, clarified that the government had followed-upon  the findings of the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) regarding the pre-employment card program since it had been received on May 28, 2020, in a joint meeting.

    “At that time, we asked for inputs from other institutions,” said Rudy at a press conference in Jakarta, Monday, June 22.

    Three months later, the government held three phases of the pre-employment card program. The opening of the fourth phase was postponed due to several recommendations from law enforcement institutions, including the KPK.

    The KPK previously reported an alleged conflict of interest in the program as some digital platforms involved in it were found to have offered their own training. Thus, the KPK recommended 250 training events be banned.

    On May 28, 2020, the government formed a technical team helmed by the Deputy Attorney General for Civil and State Administration (TUN) to improve the program’s management.  “I act as the secretary,” Rudy added.

    The team was striving to improve the Presidential Regulation No. 36/2020 governing the pre-employment card. At present, the policy is being harmonized and awaiting the initial approval of the minister.

    Meanwhile, the Development and Finance Supervisory Agency (BPKP) is verifying the implementation of the first to the third phase of the program, and that the legal assistance will also be provided by the Attorney General's Office so that the program would be in line with the prevailing law. “We truly improve the program’s system,” Rudy said. 

    Read: Pre-employment Card, KPK Finds Rp30 Billion Potential Waste

    FAJAR PEBRIANTO