Closure Period of Jakarta Tourist Destinations Extended

Translator:

Editor:

Laila Afifa

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta provincial government extends the period of temporary closure of its tourist destinations and entertainment places for the next two weeks in a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus or Covid-19 transmission. It will be implemented starting on March 30 until April 12.

    Chief of Jakarta tourism and creative economy department Cucu Ahmad Kurnia said the decision was made due to the development of the virus transmission in the city. There will even be more of tourist destinations that will be closed.

    "After considering several things, we’ll close other three destinations that are currently still operational," he said in a written statement on Friday, March 27.

    The three destinations are Condet Lab of Dance and Karawitan, Cipir Island, and Kelor Island. Previously, the capital city decided to temporarily closed Monas, Ancol, Ragunan Zoo, TMII, TIM, Setu Babakan, Si Pitung House, Onrust Island, and several museums in Jakarta from March 14 to March 29.

    Cucu explained that Jakarta administration has also disinfected all of the facilities at those destinations during the closure period.

    Adam Prireza