TEMPO.CO, Tangerang - The Tangerang Regency declared a state of emergency in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, Regent Ahmed Zaki Iskandar confirmed Tuesday, March 24.
"Yes, [the emergency status has been declared] through Tangerang Regent’s Decree," said Ahmed.
The regional secretary Moch Maesal Rasyid said the decree had been issued on Monday, March 23. “This state of emergency aims at facilitating the handling of the virus outbreak in Tangerang regency,” said Maesal.
With the response status, Maesal added, the budget for the virus mitigation could be disbursed. Although he stopped short of detailing the budget, he said the funds are necessary to prepare the facilities and infrastructures to combat the novel coronavirus, such as isolation rooms, face masks, hand sanitizer, and incentives for medical personnel.
The number of coronavirus confirmed cases in Tangerang continues to increase. Based on data published on covid19.tangerangkab.go.id per March 24, the regency has 13 positive patients and 1 death toll, while a total of 31 residents have been declared healthy.
The number of people who are under monitoring (ODP) reaches 162 and patients under monitoring (PDP) amount to 37 people.
Head of the Tangerang COVID-19 Task Force, Hery Heryanto, admitted that the figures are soaring. “Most cases are found in urban areas such as Kelapa Dua and Curug," said Hery at his office in Tigaraksa, Tuesday, March 24.